Careers education and guidance prepares students for the choices, changes and transitions affecting their future education, training and life as adult members of society. Through careers education, information and impartial advice and guidance, young people can be helped to:
- explore and understand the adult world and the world of work
- consider their own values and attitudes
- develop awareness of their options and how to make decisions for themselves
- start to take responsibility for their choices and plans for the future.
Through this they can be encouraged to engage, be motivated, raise their aspirations and achieve their potential.
A comprehensive Careers Information, Advice and Guidance programme is offered to help support students make informed choices about their future as they move through Ansford Academy. This programme is delivered through PSHCE Theme days, curriculum and tutor time. The programme aims to inspire students to raise their aspirations; achieve their goals; be confident to make the best choices for themselves; and prepare them for a successful and rewarding future.
The aim for an Ansford student should be:
- to research careers and future pathways with confidence
- be aware of their options Post-16 and beyond
- be aware of local and wider employment opportunities through encounters with employers and Labour Market Information
- be able to write CVs, covering letters and application forms
- be able to talk confidently about their future
- they should know their target grades and be aware of skills they have achieved through curriculum subjects
- be able to discuss their options and agree an action plan with an Independent Careers Adviser.
All students have access to careers and work experience support and impartial advice from the Independent Careers Adviser, Mrs Wendy Watson who is in school on Mondays and Wednesdays, and may also be contacted via email on [email protected].
The careers lead in the Academy is Deputy Headteacher, Mr Karl Musson who can be contacted via email: [email protected], or telephone via the Academy 01963 350895.
Keeping up-to-date on Careers Related Matters
For up-to-date information on local and regional news, see the Heart of the South West Careers Hub Padlet.
- Information for Parents can be found here.
- Information for Employers can be found here.
- Information for Teachers can be found here.
- Careers news is also featured in our Family Bulletins here.
For an outline of the Academy’s careers programme please see our latest programme here.
View our Careers Policy on the Policies pages (The Academy recognises the new, Provider Access Legislation from January 2023 and has updated the Access Policy accordingly). If you are a provider or employer requesting information or access, please contact the Careers Lead, Mr Karl Mussson: [email protected] in the first instance.