Working at Ansford Academy
Thank you for your interest in working at Ansford Academy. As well as teaching staff, we employ a range of support professionals including administrators, technicians and site staff. Every member of staff is able to contribute to shaping the future development of key areas of school life and we welcome applications from staff keen to progress their careers and who are committed to improving the lives of our young people. Primarily, we want to appoint candidates who love working in education, with all of its challenges and rewards, and want to make a difference to the lives of the young people we hold in our care.
- Head of Year (Teacher) - We are looking for a Head of Year to join our… Read More
- Teacher of Science (0.4 – 0.6 FTE) - We are looking for a Teacher of Science who will approach… Read More
- Teacher of PE (0.4-0.6 FTE) - We are looking for a Teacher of PE who will approach… Read More
- SENDCO (0.4 – 0.6 FTE Job Share) - We are looking for a SENDCO (0.4 to 0.6 FTE) to… Read More
- Exam Invigilators (Casual) - The Academy has a strong team of invigilators that help make… Read More
- Governor - There is a vacancy available for a governor at Ansford Academy.… Read More
What We Offer You:
The success of the Academy depends on the staff working as a community, supporting each other and looking after our wellbeing. The Academy is committed to assist staff with both their wellbeing and career aspirations and provide a range of benefits:
- A welcoming and friendly team
- Competitive Salary
- Access to a generous contributory pension scheme: Enrolment to Teachers’ Pension and Local Government Pension Schemes
- High-quality CPD opportunities, access for all staff to training via the National College and opportunities to pursue work-based apprenticeships
- Access to Education Support, our 24/7 confidential Employee Assistance Programme which includes access to a wealth of wellbeing resources, management coaching and confidential counselling
- Professional supervision for certain roles
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to the many benefits associated with living and working in rural Somerset and the South-West.
Safeguarding and Recruitment
As part of the Academy’s commitment to safeguarding children and young people and in line with the statutory requirements as outlined in the DFE: Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) process. Other safeguarding checks will also be undertaken as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Please visit our portal on face-ed.
This portal will allow you to read the vacancy details and information about the local area. Applications are submitted through this portal. If you require any assistance or would like to arrange a visit to the school, please contact the Headteacher’s PA Mrs Carolyn Bevan via email at: [email protected] or by telephone on: 01963 350895 (extension 212).